Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It’s Really OK to Judge this Book by its Cover



While I was designing and creating the jewelry pieces that would be featured in my book I often wondered which one would be selected for the cover. I wasn’t sure how much input I would have regarding this decision; however, I was delighted when the "Sky" pendant necklace was selected. From the moment I completed that necklace I knew it was destined for greatness. I believe this to be the case because the inspiration behind this piece… the recollection of a wonderful childhood memory, held such strong meaning. To find out more about the story behind this piece and to learn how to create a mixed media pendant using crackle paste, be sure to check out my book, A String of Expression- Techniques for Transforming Art and Life into Jewelry.


3 comments:

VS said...

CONGRATULATIONS Friend on your new book!!! How exciting is that!
Thank you for your sweet comment on my design blog & I would love to work with you.
I am really getting into jewelry design myself. I don't know much yet, but it so inspires me.
Have a fun-filled 4th of July weekend!
Smiles,
Susie

Mission said...

This is the most beautiful jewelry design cover I've ever seen. It inspired me to stop and pick up your book, which was featured on a display at a large bookstore chain, look through it, and buy it!!!!

Mission said...

The cover of this book is beautiful! It inspired me to pick it up off the display at a large bookstore chain, and buy it! I can hardly put it down, and leave my art room - - it has filled me with so much inspiration.