Friday, September 28, 2007

Love of Color

When I was a very young child, I lived with my aunt during the week while my parents worked at their government jobs. Every Friday they would come and get me and I would spend the weekends with them. I looked forward to those Fridays, anxiously awaiting their arrival, peering between the banister slats of the upstairs porch, looking for that clunky black car to cross Prescott Place, and land right in front of the steps. Her body leaned sideways, and the soft face with painted lips peeked outside the car window, our eyes met and it was as if she were looking at me for the very first time. At once I screamed her name then ferociously attacked the wooden steps leading to her arms. In her hands she carried a brown paper bag and in it something special for me. What would it be today, a paint set or crayons and a coloring book? Either way, this is when I believe my love of color began. Even now, 50 years later, I must still have my “toys”, be it pastels, paints, beads... whatever!
River Run Necklace- an experiment in color


Paint Box Necklace III- I love color!

3 comments:

Susan Tuttle said...

What a lovely memory! I love this necklace--so colorful, fun and funky!

Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog.

Warmly,
Susan

Jill Q said...

Of course the necklace is wonderful, but I really love your descriptive writing style too!

brokenteepee said...

I love the bright, bold colors in your pieces. They are inspiring!
Patty