Monday, May 19, 2008

A Very Busy Time

Well, it has been quite awhile since I have posted on my blog and I do apologize. It has been an extremely busy time with my daughter getting ready to graduate from high school! I am also very excited and happy to announce that the book 1,000 Jewelry Inspirations has been released! I am very fortunate that many of my pieces are featured in the book and I have one two page spread! I will be talking more about that feature in an upcoming post. Finally, I am in the process of completing a book proposal (another reason I am so busy). I have to steal time to get away to my tiny studio. I just completed these two special pieces.

String of Prayers Necklace

A very soulful piece of jewelry accented with layers of vibrant color and intricate twists and turns. A grouping of selected beads hang from a knotted turquoise leather lace and forms the centerpiece of this necklace. A long curved inlaid bone bead makes a great statement and the intricately designed Bali bead caps cup vintage glass and beautifully polished turquoise beads. The strand is finished off with coral rondelle beads.

Ancient Voices Necklace


This wonderful mix of jasper, African trade, bone, silver, glass, leather, and wood beads come together to form a sassy adornment. I forgot to mention that it also includes a generous piece of crystal that came from an old chandelier! The style of this necklace is asymmetrical, with one side connected by interlocking seed bead lariats and the other side accented by a select grouping of beads that hang perfectly from knotted leather lace.

3 comments:

Kityikana said...

Congratulations - your jewellery is definitely book-worthy.

ArtPropelled said...

Congratulations...thrice!

1000 Looks wonderful. I collect the 500 series and they are choc-a-block with inspiration.

Exciting news about your proposal.

Your jewellery is just too wonderful! Love the Ancient Voices.

Diane said...

June, Your pieces are exquisite. I have not seen anything like it. Your colors are stunning. Color always excites me; even though I love the muted world as well...Thank you for stopping by. I will add you to my blogroll, as I do want to keep in touch.