Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fun with Photo Editing



Have you seen the commercial with the cute little 4 year old who uploads her photos and “makes them better” with the click of the mouse? Well I have been having an equal amount of fun and success with the latest version of Picasa 3 (Goggle’s free photo editing program). I love the simplicity of this program and with the click of the mouse I can make my photos better as well!

Some of my favorite effects include: sepia, focal black and white, film grain (see above photo), soft focus, glow and filtered black and white. I can also create photo collages and make a movie of my selected photos.

I know many of you photo experts out there are thinking…how lame; however, I do plan on graduating from the Picasa school soon enough. My next step is to load my (still in its brand new box) Paint Shop Pro by Corel (similar to Photo Shop Elements) and become even more creative. Maybe I will begin layering stuff on top of each other (shut up!) and sooo much more…stay tuned!



I love the way the slash of color fades to black and white...this is one of my favorite tools!

No comments: